Closing a Limited Company in Ireland: Voluntary Strike-Off
How to close a Limited Company in Ireland?
If for any reason you wish to close a Limited Company down, there are two routes:
- Voluntary Strike-Off (for companies with little or no assets or liabilities)
- Liquidation procedure (for companies with large assets or liabilities)
The Voluntary Strike-Off is the easiest and fastest way to close an Irish Company and the process can begin once the company:
- has less than €150 in assets or liabilities and
- has closed off all tax heads with the Revenue Commissioners.
Here at Right Solution Centre we will handle all the process from start to finish so you can be sure that the company is closed properly. We will take care of all the required steps to close a Limited Company:
- Check that all Annual Returns and Accounts are up to date
- Draft a Director’s statement that the company has ceased trading or has never traded
- Draft minutes of Board Meeting for Directors and Shareholders consent to the dissolution of the company
- Send Letter to Revenue requesting letter of no objection
- Put Advertisement in Irish National Daily Newspaper
- Prepare and file form H15 with the Companies Registration Office
It takes approximately 3 months for your company to be taken off the CRO register after the Voluntary Strike-Off process has been completed.
We are here to help you with all the above steps, simply contact us for more information.